You may be like many of our patients who don’t want any sort of metal in their mouths. If you need a tooth filling, you may not want a traditional silver amalgam filling, especially since these fillings can stand out. The Renton tooth fillings at Cedar Dental Group are different, however. We use composite resin fillings that:Say Goodbye to Cavities Read Transcript
Tooth-colored fillings, or what we call composites, we do use that in lieu of the silver fillings that was used many, many years ago, and the nice thing about that product is that there's no mercury in it. So it's mercury-free, and it's been used for many, many years, and it's very, very strong, very durable. We put that in the teeth that have cavities, or we replace old silver fillings with the composite filling material. We also have headphones here that helps for patients so they don't hear the sound of the drill, and we also check in regularly with the patient to make sure that they're comfortable, they don't have any discomfort at the time. And we work efficiently as possible so that the amount of time that they spend in the chair is short.
- Are completely metal-free, instead containing tiny particles of glass and plastic
- Are tooth-colored, so they blend in naturally with the rest of your smile
- Will stop your dental pain and make biting and chewing easier
- Mend dental damage caused by cavities
- Require removing less healthy tooth material than metal fillings do
- Are less likely to cause cracking in the affected tooth over time
If you think you might need a tooth filled, call us today at 425-970-8115 to schedule a complimentary consultation. We’re open as early as 7 a.m. and as late as 7 p.m.
Leave Everything to Our Expertise
Many people don’t like to think about getting a tooth filled, so if you fall into that category, don’t feel bad. Placing a filling is one of the most common procedures we do here at Cedar Dental Group, so we have plenty of experience with it.
If you need one or more teeth fillings, we’ll make sure you’re completely relaxed before we begin. We’ll administer local anesthesia to ensure that the area of your mouth we’re working on is fully numb before we do anything else. Plus, we’ll take time to answer any questions you have about teeth fillings or any other aspect of dentistry. We want you to have all the information you need.
If you need extra help for your dental anxiety, you can always take advantage of one of our two sedation options. Inhaled sedation uses laughing gas and will give you an all-over feeling of well-being and euphoria. Its effects begin almost immediately but wear off just as quickly once the sedative is removed, so you’ll be able to drive home afterward. For a deeper level of sedation, you many want to choose oral conscious sedation.
We Offer Other Teeth Repair Options
If a tooth filling won’t work to repair your smile, we have other options we can use:
- Inlays, porcelain restorations that fit on the top of the tooth between the cusps (tips)
- Onlays, which are similar to inlays but also extend onto the sides of the tooth
- Dental crowns, made right inside our office that will completely cover the tooth to strengthen and protect it
At Cedar Dental Group, Renton tooth fillings don’t stand out. Call us today at 425-970-8115 to schedule an appointment if you think you need a filling.