It’s summer, and there’s a good chance your kids are playing sports. Whether they’re attending soccer camp, playing in a baseball league, or just joining neighbors for basketball games, they should wear a sports mouthguard to protect their mouth from injury.
Research from the American Dental Association shows that athletes not wearing mouthguards are 60 times more likely to suffer dental injury. Yes, 60 times! At Cedar Dental Group, we don’t want you or any members of your family to become a statistic. Our custom-made mouthguards offer better protection than those you buy from a store.
To schedule a fitting, call the location most convenient for you: Renton, WA 425-970-8115 or Kent 253-563-0315. In the meantime, see five reasons you should get your mouthguards from a dentist instead of the store:
- Custom Fit – We use dental impressions for your athlete’s mouthguard, which ensures a secure and comfortable fit. A superior fit means they are less likely to “forget” about wearing it. It will also stay in their mouth better than a mouthguard purchased from a sporting goods store.
- No Fit Adjustments – When you buy an athletic mouthguard from a store, you’ll typically need a frustrating boil-and-bite process to adjust the fit before the first wearing. A custom-made mouthguard offers a great fit without the hassle.
- Can Handle Special Requirements – Your dentist can make sure your appliance works well even if you have braces. Your orthodontia and your teeth will be well protected.
- Meet High Standards – The American Dental Association and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) have created standards for Athletic Mouth Protectors and Materials. Our mouthguards meet these standards, while most store-bought mouthguards do not.
- Our Team’s Expertise – Our dentists will make sure your child’s mouthguard provides the right kind of protection for their sport.
If you need a sports mouthguard, we’re ready to help. Call Cedar Dental Group today in Renton, WA 425-970-8115 or Kent 253-563-0315.